Skip to main content

Desserts to Die For

Sorry for being a little MIA lately! I will get back to posting regularly soon!

With my busy schedule aside, this week I am featuring one of my newest discoveries of dessert places in the Lower Mainland: Off the Grid.

For those of you who haven't stumbled across this boutique dessert shop yet, Off the Grid specializes in making waffles and delicious milkshakes for young patrons to enjoy on a hot summer day. Their menu is quite unique. Not only do they sell "normal" dessert waffles with ice cream, fruits, or cookies, they also have savoury waffles for people to enjoy a light dinner before they indulge a delicious dessert.

Like most people, I came across this cute dessert place after dinner with my family. We sampled a total of 3 desserts: an Oreo Waffle, Tiramisu Waffle, and an Oreo Shake.

Oreo Waffle
Oreo Waffle: The oreo waffle was delicious. The waffle base was warm and crispy. On top, the vanilla ice cream and whip cream provided a sweet cooling taste when eaten together with a bite of the waffle. Portion wise, this dessert was a little on the small side, but its bite-size allowed us to enjoy all components of the dish at once.

Oreo Milkshake
Tiramisu Waffle: Even though I am a cookie lover, I preferred the Tiramisu Waffle over the Oreo Waffle. The dessert was mildly sweet, just enough to bring out the coffee taste with a little bit of icing sugar. I also loved how they had the coffee on the side. By doing so, people can add as much or as little as they want on their waffle to create their perfect taste.
Tiramisu Waffle

Oreo Milkshake: My personal favourite. Very sweet, but absolutely amazing. This drink is comprised of milk, ice cream, and lots of Oreo cookies. What makes it unique is that it is topped with a quarter of a waffle, pocky sticks, whipped cream, and a giant Oreo. Altogether, the drink provided a wonderful cooling remedy to a hot sunny day.

Check out Off the Grid next time your around town!

Comments