Skip to main content

Belgium Waffles?!?!

With hot weather arriving again, desserts become an essential part of life. This week I am featuring a favourite dessert place of mine: Nero Belgian Waffle Bar.

Nero has been one of my all time favourite places to go with friends after shopping for hours at the mall nearby. Even though I am broke by dessert time, I will always make an extra exception to my wallet to accommodate this truly amazing waffle.

Located on the busy Robson Street in Downtown Vancouver, this cozy waffle bar offers a simplistic but highly creative menu of different types of Belgium waffles. With whichever type of waffle you choose, you can always choose to have a liege waffle or a brussels waffle as its base. Liege waffle, as explained in their menu, is soft and sweet, whereas the Brussels waffle is light and crispy.

My favourite waffle has always been The Biscuit on top of a brussels waffle. The Biscuit is a belgium waffle served with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, cookie crumble, and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate. Already sweet itself with the toppings, I choose the Brussels waffle as my base. Within minutes of arriving, I quickly indulge this delicious dessert in under 5 minutes.This yummy dessert definitely is one of my highlights of my summers! Check out Nero Belgian Waffle Bar next time you are in Downtown Vancouver!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick and Easy Breakfast

Wow! It has been another hectic week. With the start of the new summer semester, I have been slowly adjusting to the regular routine again. However, having only one online course has proven to be a struggle when it comes to getting into the rhythm of things. I go to work more often and study less than usual. I continue to go on weekend adventures and exploring different hiking trails two to three times a week. No matter how my schedule looks like, I am still VERY, very busy! With so many things to do every week and so less time, making breakfast can turn into a war zone in the kitchen. Fortunately, I discovered a fast and easy breakfast that will not only give me the energy I need for the day, but save me time in the process: Scrambled eggs style omelette and homemade hashbrowns. See below for the recipe! Ingredients 2 Eggs 1 Cup of Spinach 1 Large White Potato (Or 2 White nugget potatoes) Salt and Pepper, to taste 1/4 Onion, Sli...

Healthy SEA (Salmon, Egg, and Avocado) Sandwich

For health conscious individuals! This week I had the chance to make smoked salmon and scrambled egg sandwich with avocado for lunch. See below for recipe! Ingredients: 3 large eggs 2 tablespoons of milk Salt and Pepper 1 stalk of scallions, chopped 4 slices of whole wheat bread 1/4 onion, chopped 2 cloves of garlic, minced 6-7 slices of smoked salmon olive oil garlic mayonaise 2 avocados Instructions : In a frying pan, sauté garlic, onions, and scallions over medium heat until translucent. In a bowl, beat eggs and mix milk and salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture in the pan, folding the egg mixture in as the egg coagulates. Transfer the egg to a plate once finished. Toast 6 slices of whole wheat bread in a toaster for 2-4 minutes. Cut 2 avocados into 3-4 slices each and set aside. Once bread is toasted to your preference, spread garlic mayo. Add a few slices of smoked salmon and egg until bread is  completely  covered. Finally, add 4 slices of a...

Upscale Feeling

Just a few days ago, my mom and I went to a local place for a quick dinner before heading home. We stopped by Aberdeen Centre and happened to stumble upon a nicely lit and upscale dining area in the first floor of the large mall. It happened to be Sugarholic Cafe, an Asian cafe that looks nothing like your typical Hong Kong Style restaurant. We decided to have their special that night which included a drink, main course, and dessert. We ordered their honey green tea and iced fresh fruits tea for our drinks. To my surprise, both drinks were delicious! Although a little on the sweet side, the honey green tea was so refreshing. The iced fresh fruits tea was also good, however, it was a little disappointing when we found out that the tea was simply fruit infused, not anything special. Next we had our main course: Seafood Miso Cream Udon and Paella Style Seafood Risotto.   The seafood miso cream udon was quite amazing. Although mixing miso and cream sauce was the last thing I e...