Skip to main content

Where Have I Been?

Trust me. Being a full time student and working part-time is not easy, especially when you have to deal with a bunch of other life stressors at once. This year, many life changes have happened. I moved into a new apartment, got a promotion at work, got sick, etc. etc. etc. So, in many ways, I've been preoccupied with a lot of things to deal with in my own life over the past year. Thus, I've had very little time to blog.

That being said, one of my major life changes is my diet. You see, I used to be able to eat whatever I want. Six rounds of buffet? SURE! Fries, burgers, and milkshakes for a week? OKAY! All You Can Eat Sushi twice a week? BRING IT ON! Therefore, I was quite heavy for someone my age at my height. Unfortunately, with a few health problems and a stomach that doesn't work quite well, my old habits can't be a lifestyle anymore. Now, my diet consists of very 'healthy' foods, mostly boiled ones with not much seasoning or any flavour at all (not saying that healthy food needs to be this way). But fortunately, I've gradually been able to eat some more "normal" foods like an occasional burger, a steak once in a while, or a dessert when out with friends. Now, I am finally able to get back to blogging recipes and local restaurant reviews.

But, I'm sure many of you might me to expand a bit further than just food recipes and local reviews... so what do you think? Would you like to see a bit more? Leave a comment down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick and Easy Breakfast

Wow! It has been another hectic week. With the start of the new summer semester, I have been slowly adjusting to the regular routine again. However, having only one online course has proven to be a struggle when it comes to getting into the rhythm of things. I go to work more often and study less than usual. I continue to go on weekend adventures and exploring different hiking trails two to three times a week. No matter how my schedule looks like, I am still VERY, very busy! With so many things to do every week and so less time, making breakfast can turn into a war zone in the kitchen. Fortunately, I discovered a fast and easy breakfast that will not only give me the energy I need for the day, but save me time in the process: Scrambled eggs style omelette and homemade hashbrowns. See below for the recipe! Ingredients 2 Eggs 1 Cup of Spinach 1 Large White Potato (Or 2 White nugget potatoes) Salt and Pepper, to taste 1/4 Onion, Sli...

Healthy SEA (Salmon, Egg, and Avocado) Sandwich

For health conscious individuals! This week I had the chance to make smoked salmon and scrambled egg sandwich with avocado for lunch. See below for recipe! Ingredients: 3 large eggs 2 tablespoons of milk Salt and Pepper 1 stalk of scallions, chopped 4 slices of whole wheat bread 1/4 onion, chopped 2 cloves of garlic, minced 6-7 slices of smoked salmon olive oil garlic mayonaise 2 avocados Instructions : In a frying pan, sauté garlic, onions, and scallions over medium heat until translucent. In a bowl, beat eggs and mix milk and salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture in the pan, folding the egg mixture in as the egg coagulates. Transfer the egg to a plate once finished. Toast 6 slices of whole wheat bread in a toaster for 2-4 minutes. Cut 2 avocados into 3-4 slices each and set aside. Once bread is toasted to your preference, spread garlic mayo. Add a few slices of smoked salmon and egg until bread is  completely  covered. Finally, add 4 slices of a...

Upscale Feeling

Just a few days ago, my mom and I went to a local place for a quick dinner before heading home. We stopped by Aberdeen Centre and happened to stumble upon a nicely lit and upscale dining area in the first floor of the large mall. It happened to be Sugarholic Cafe, an Asian cafe that looks nothing like your typical Hong Kong Style restaurant. We decided to have their special that night which included a drink, main course, and dessert. We ordered their honey green tea and iced fresh fruits tea for our drinks. To my surprise, both drinks were delicious! Although a little on the sweet side, the honey green tea was so refreshing. The iced fresh fruits tea was also good, however, it was a little disappointing when we found out that the tea was simply fruit infused, not anything special. Next we had our main course: Seafood Miso Cream Udon and Paella Style Seafood Risotto.   The seafood miso cream udon was quite amazing. Although mixing miso and cream sauce was the last thing I e...